Building energy in this draining society isn’t a lost art. You just got to know what it is that your body needs as well as what it doesn’t.
Most of my Intentional Wellness clients complain of lack of energy.
Most work 9 to 5’s with kids and running a business so being exhausted makes sense.
They always ask me what are some herbs that I can take to help boost energy throughout the day.
And they will tell you my first answer is always my FAVORITE question;
WHAT ARE YOU EATING?
I will ask that for just about anything because at the end of the day we are not eating the right foods to give us energy throughout the day.
Our bodies cells need specific vitamins and minerals that are naturally found in foods to give us energy at all times.
Here are some tips for naturally building energy through nutrition.
- Removing Sugar and Processed foods from your day to day life.
Ooooh this is one that I myself have been struggling with lately but today I woke up focus and in charge of my cravings! Ensuring that I ate a hefty bowl of unrefined oats with chia and fennel seeds which are great at maintaining energy throughout the day and will actually carry you over into lunch and even at times dinner.
Remember snacking through the day triggers your body to produce insulin which is counterproductive to your body burning fat. Insulin is a hormone made by the pancreas and travels through the blood. The main purpose of insulin is to lower the blood sugar in the blood.
We intake wayyyyy too much sugar in our body for our body to dilute it out of our blood. Which thus causes an overproduction of insulin which then causes disease!
Now while insulin is not the enemy because we as human tend to blame everything but ourselves for being unhealthy insulin is the key of fat storage in the body ONLY when we are introducing too much sugar to the body.
Other than that, if we aren’t introducing sugar to our system then insulin will do it’s primary functions of storing energy and absorbing protein for our cells to burn which thus GIVES US MORE ENERGY!
2. Eat two meals a day. Yeah I know you guys are probably like, “She has lost her mind.”
No seriously, intermittent fasting is your friend.
Eating the right foods at the right time can not only help you stay energized but it can also help you lose weight.
3. Be active at least 15 minutes a day. Rather you walk, do yoga, do a quick 15 minute pilates routine, or just exercise keep your blood flowing by staying in motion.
4. Do away with refined carbs. Refined carbs have absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever and are literally harmful to your Vitamin B levels as it completely absorbs it. Stay away from all wheat products. I don’t care if it says organic on it. Don’t do it.
5. Eat a large amount of fruits and vegetables. Ideally make fruits and veggies the focal point of your meal plans and put protein as the side dish. Your gut and cells will thank you for it. Not only are fruits and vegetables going to introduce healthy bacteria to your gut flora, they also contain magnesium and potassium which is needed to boost energy in your cells. Especially leafy greens like lettuce, arugula, and kale.
6. Protein you want to eat for energy is fatty proteins like Salmon and Cod which are high in Omega 3’s which are not only great for energy but weight loss.
7. Eliminate the daily dose of Caffeine from coffee to sodas. Caffeine is a major Endocrine disruptor when drank daily. It’s literally an Allantoid and guess what else is? Morphine. Highly addictive and literally has a reverse reaction on your body that ultimately exhaust you and messes with your mood.